Prof. Ruslan Z. Valiev
phone: +7 3472 233422
Curriculum Vitae (PDF format, ~270Kb)
Ruslan Z. Valiev is Professor and has been founder and Scientific Director
of the Institute of Physics of Advanced Materials, Ufa State Aviation
Technical University since 1995. In the early 1990's Prof. Valiev and his
co-workers made the first works in fabrication of ultrafine-grained metals
and alloys using severe plastic deformation (SPD).
At present his main
research interests comprise studies of producing SPD nanomaterials, their
microstructural characterization, investigation of their unusual properties
and applications. Since 1992, Ruslan Valiev has been Guest Professor at
well-recognized research departments in USA, Japan and Europe, and in 2001
was granted a Research Award of the Humboldt Foundation (Germany) for
pioneering works in SPD nanomaterials. He has acted as co-organiser of
several international SPD meetings, among these the NATO Advanced
Research Workshop on Investigations and Applications of SPD which was
held 1999 in Moscow and initiated the actual NanoSPD conference series.
Ruslan Valiev is chairman of the International Steering Committee on SPD
and a member of several international professional committees, among
these the International Committee on Superplasticity of Advanced Materials,
the International Committee for Nanostructured Materials, the International
Committee on Superplasticity of Materials and Alloys. He has published a
large number of publications and books, and gave numerous keynote lectures
and invited talks at international conferences. Besides, he is holder of
16 patents related to SPD nanomaterials.
OVERVIEWS AND BOOKS
- Valiev, R.Z., Krasilnikov, N.A., Tsenev, N.K. Plastic Deformation of
Alloys with Submicro-Grained Structure. Mater. Sci. Eng. A137, 35-40 (1991).
- Valiev, R.Z., Korznikov, A.V. & Mulyukov, R.R. Structure and Properties
of Ultrafine-Grained Materials Produced by Severe Plastic Deformation. Mater.
Sci. Eng. A168, 141-148 (1993).
- O.A. Kaibyshev, R.Z. Valiev, "Grain boundaries and properties of metals", 1987, Metallurgia Publ., Moscow, 214 p.
- R.Z .Valiev, A.V. Vergazov, V.Yu. Gertsman, "Crystal geometrical analysis of intercrystalline boundaries in electron microscopy", 1991, Nauka Pub., Moscow, 232 p.
- Ultrafine-Grained Materials Processed by Severe Plastic Deformation, R.Z. Valiev (ed.), Annales de Chimie, Vol. 21, No 6-7, p. 369-554, 1996.
- R.Z. Valiev, I.V. Alexandrov, "Nanostructured Materials Produced by Severe Plastic Deformation", 2000, Logos Pub., Moscow, 272 p. (in Russian).
- R.Z. Valiev, R.K. Islamgaliev, I.V. Alexandrov, Bulk Nanostructured Materials from Severe Plastic Deformation, Prog. Mat. Sci. 45 (¹2), 2000, pp. 103-189.
- Proceedings of the NATO ARW on Investigations and Applications of Severe Plastic Deformation (Moscow, Russia), NATO Sci. Series, eds. Lowe, T.C. and Valiev, R.Z. Kluwer Publ., 80, (2000), 394 p.
- Yu.R. Kolobov, R.Z. Valiev et al., "Grain Boundary Diffusion and Properties of Nanostructured Materials", 2001, Nauka Pub., Novosibirsk, 232 p. (in Russian).
- Recent Advances in Nanostructured Materials Produced By Severe Plastic Deformation, R.Z. Valiev, A.V. Korznikov, I.V. Alexandrov (eds.), Ann. Chim. Sci. Mat., Vol. 27, No. 3, 117p., 2002.
- Ultrafine Grained Materials III (Edited by Y.T. Zhu, T.G. Langdon, R.Z. Valiev, S.L. Semiatin, D.H. Shin, and T.C. Lowe), TMS (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society), 2004, p. 686.